We are in the full swing of Christmas season here in the Brown household and life gets just a bit crazier! So, I thought I would share my one pot lazy day meal that my kiddos love! We usually make this dish on Wednesdays when we have scouts because I typically underestimate how much time I have before we have to head out the door. I have adapted the original recipe and added some plant-based modifications. https://damndelicious.net/2014/10/11/one-pot-garlic-parmesan-pasta/
Garlic White Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter (Earth Balance for vegan option
- 16 ounces uncooked linguine
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant. This only takes a minute or so… Careful not to burn it or it will be bitter!
- Stir in broth, milk, and butter. Bring to a very light boil and then add pasta; season with salt and pepper. Bring it up to a rolling boil and then drop heat to med-low to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken. It will look kinda soupy but it will thicken up as it cools. Add parmesan if you like for some extra flavor.
Skip the parmesan and butter or use a plant-based product to keep it plant based (aka vegan). I use unsweetened almond milk and Earth Balance butter and nix the parmesan.